Tuesday, April 29,
2003 Meeting Minutes
Open the Meeting:
- Mark Merrit opened the meeting at 7:25
Minutes of Last Meeting:
- The minutes from the April 15, 2003,
meeting were accepted with no changes required.
Guest Speaker - Lou Sebesta
- Representative from the NYS Department
of Environmental Conservation.
- Talked with us about the Tree City USA
- Presented us with a Tree City USA
flag, 2 road signs for the entrances to the Village of Red Hook, and a
- Discussed the National Tree Trust
program. Can get 100 free tree seedlings through this program.
- Discussed the Citizen Pruner Program.
Lou will help train a committee of volunteers on how to correctly prune
the village trees. David Seymour is interested in providing this
training for the Village Highway Association.
- Asked us to use him as a resource for
whatever we need.
Stewarts' Week (presented by Evelyn Krueger)
- The unofficial amount received is
about $2300, which will be doubled by Stewarts'.
- Stewarts' requested that we have a
small ceremony when we receive the check. They would like to have a
picture taken for publicity.
- There was concern that the Village
Green Committee will not see the actual checks that were received.
Instead, we will get a list of last names with the amount donated. This
will make it difficult to send each donor a thank you note. Evelyn
suggested that we put an ad in the paper to thank the donors, and to
contact the Village Green Committee if they would like a receipt for
Apple Blossom Day (presented by Barbara Campo)
- Barbara is looking into how we can
acquire some signs for the fundraiser.
- Barbara is creating a flyer that we
will distribute during Apple Blossom Day to invite people to the
fundraiser at the Red Hook Inn.
- Barbara is looking into creating
tickets for the fundraiser. Price Chopper may be able to donate 500 free
tickets. Barbara will check their website for more information.
- Door prizes… The Phantom Gardener
donated a $100 gift certificate. We are also looking into getting a gift
certificate from Agway. Grandiflora has donated a tree.
- Karen Cadorette needs information
about the fundraiser so that it can be included in flyer distributed by
- Barbara was given a $200 budget for
- Barbara has organized a small
committee to help with the fundraiser. The committee will meet on
Monday, May 5th to plan for the event.
- The Village Green Committee needs to
ensure that Cindi Cole (the Village Clerk) is kept up to date on our
- David Seymour wanted to give a small
gift to the Village Highway Association workers to thank them for the
help with the spring planting. He requested 2 checks in the amount of
$50.00 each. This motion was seconded by Barbara. A suggestion was made
to also give each of them a Village Green t-shirt.
- The next meeting will be held Tuesday,
May 27th, at 7pm in the Village Hall.
Motion to Close Meeting:
- Barbara made a motion to close the
meeting at 8:40 p.m. Linda Keeling seconded the motion.